This spicy red capsicum and chilli based sauce can add a nice zing too a whole range of dishes. Just add a touch to suite.
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 4 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 4 large red capsicum
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried crushed chilli
- Place coriander and caraway seeds in small skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a food processor.
- Cook garlic in same skillet, covered, over medium-low heat until tender, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool, then peel the garlic and add to the processor.
- Char capsicums over gas flame until blackened on all sides.
- Once blackened all over remove from the flame and place in a bowl and cover with cling wrap.
- Let this stand for 10 minutes, Then carefully peel, deseed, and coarsely chop.
- Now add all remaining ingredients to the food processor.
- Puree until smooth. season with salt and pepper.