Chocolate Nutella Cannoli Bites
If you love cannoli, and you love Nutella, we are going to take you to flavour town.
There are so many great things about being in Australia. With cooking, one of these is being able to draw upon our multicultural staples and reinvent them into fresh and tasty treats.
Both Nutella and cannoli have their rich history and delicious past. We are happy to bring them together for you in these delicious Chocolate Nutella Cannoli Bites!
- For the Dough
- 250g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 100ml olive oil
- 2½ tbsp dry white wine
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 jar of Nutella
- Vegetable oil for frying
- icing sugar to dust
- For the Dough
- Place the flour, baking powder, sugar and the salt together in a medium mixing bowl. Mix the dry ingredient around until mixed well.
- Next add the egg, olive oil and wine.
- Combine mixture until a dough forms. (alternatively, you could process this in a food processor or electric stand mixer)
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface, and knead for 3-4 minutes.
- Once kneaded, ball the dough, and cover with cling wrap. Allow this to rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove rested dough from the fridge, and with a rolling pin, roll out to a thickness of 2-3mm.
- Using a cookie cutter, to cut out round shapes, and place them on a tray.
- Next use a teaspoon to place a small amount of Nutella in the middle of the dough rounds.
- Use a dad of water to brush the edges of the dough and fold the rounds in half and seal the Nutella inside.
- Next, using a deep saucepan, bring the vegetable oil to 180°C over medium heat.
- Fry the bites, a few at a time for 1½ minutes or until golden brown.
- Dust with icing sugar and enjoy warm.