Low Sugar Anzac Biscuits
These Anzac biscuits are a little better for the waist line, however, they still have butter golden syrup. So the lesser of 2 evils….
You can try the standard recipe for Anzac Biscuits here.
- 150g plain flour
- 150g rolled oats
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 125g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine flour, oats, and coconut in a large bowl.
- Stir the melted butter, and golden syrup together. Then combine the boiling water and the bicarbonate of soda and add to the butter mix.
- Add to the oat mixture and stir until well combined.
- Roll level tablespoons full of the oat mixture into balls and place, about 5cm apart, on the prepared trays.
- Flatten until about 1cm thick. Bake, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 15 minutes or until light golden.
- Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.