Beef Broth or Stock
This is a very simple beef broth or stock, used as a base for many recipes.
- 500 g Beef Off Cuts
- 5 Lt Cold Water
- 2 Beef Bones
- 2 Onions
- 2 Stalks of Celery
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Ripe Tomatoes
- Sea salt to taste
- Carefully wash the meat and beef bones to remove any impurities.
- Add all ingredients in a pot on high heat, add salt and bring to boil.
- Skim the fat with a ladle and discard.
- Turn heat to low as to only simmer the liquid, for 4 hours.
- During this period continue to remove the foam that forms on the surface.
- After cooking the broth, pass (strain) through a fine sieve.
- Broth is now ready to use.
- Any left over broth can be frozen.