Rocky road is such a simple treat to make and can be made with such a large variety of ingredients. Dark or milk chocolate, Turkish Delights, fruit jelly, clinkers and raisins just to name a few. Additionally they can be moulded into many shapes…like Christmas Trees (wink wink)…or just into the traditional slabs. The options are endless.
To really turn heads with your Rocky Road, you could make them with your own homemade, custom flavoured marshmallows….but that is a recipe for another day!
Tell us what your favourite options are for Rocky Road?
- 440g Milk cooking chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 packet mixed marshmallows, cut into bite sized pieces
- ¼ cup coconut
- ¼ cup crushed peanuts
- Grease a 3cm-deep, 18cm x 28cm slice pan. Line the base and sides with baking paper, extending the paper 2cm over the edge of pan.
- Place the milk chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (don't let the bowl touch the water), and stir until all the chocolate has melted and remove from the heat.
- Next add the nuts, marshmallows and coconut to the chocolate and mix well to coat.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan, pressing with the back of a spoon to level. Tap pan on bench to remove any air bubbles and smooth off the top.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Remove from fridge 30 minutes before cutting into squares with a hot knife. Serve.
- Note: Chocolate can be melted in the microwave using this method; Place the milk chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50%) for 3 to 4 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring with a metal spoon every 30 seconds.