Lemoncello Pasta Ricotta, with mushrooms & pistachios
This is a perfect summer time pasta dish. It is surprisingly light and refreshing, yet still just as filling and satisfying as any other pasta.
I am very lucky to live close to a cheese factory in Sydney, Australia, where I can get fresh cheeses daily. If you have never had the privilege of eating fresh ricotta, put it on your bucket list then make this recipe!
- 1 packet spaghetti
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup full cream ricotta
- 30ml lemoncello
- Sea salt & fresh cracked black pepper
- 200g swiss brown mushrooms, finely sliced
- 60g pistachio nuts, de-shelled and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup reserved pasta water
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti according to the package directions until al dente. Drain and reserve ¼ cup pasta water.
- Whilst the is bowling, heat a large frying pan and heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, cook off the mushroom, and garlic until golden brown. Set aside on paper towel to drain the oil off.
- In a large bowl, place the ricotta, ¼ cup of pasta water, and the lemoncello.
- Whisk until creamy, then add spaghetti and mushrooms, and toss until fully coated.
- Season with salt and pepper, scatter some pistachios over the top and serve.