Christmas Shortbread Biscuits
These Christmas Shortbread Biscuits (or cookies for our American friends) are always great to have on hand.
These tasty biscuits can be made in advance and frozen in dough form, then baked when needed. So feel free to re-use this recipe for any holiday period….
- 1 cup plain flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 teaspoon water
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- Some chocolate and decorations
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Pulse together all the dry ingredients in a food processor until they are pulverised.
- Add vanilla, water, and butter. Pulse together until a dough is formed.
- Form the dough into a flat disc onto a piece of wax or parchment paper. place another sheet over the top and roll to smooth to about 5mm thick and wrap.
- Freeze now, or chill for at least 30 minutes.
- When chilled, slice or use cutters into desired shapes.
- Place on baking sheets and bake until the edges are just brown, about 12 minutes. Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks.
- Decorate with chocolate and sugar decorations.
If you want to check out some of our other delicious Christmas recipes, try our Christmas Pudding, our amazing Gingerbread cookies and house, or the delicious Brandy Snaps with vanilla cream.